MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for suggestions for 33s

Go down 
+6
gilly_as
IntenseBlueSwamper
r_unda
lonestar rubi
Ingramsatx
J.McDonald Knives
10 posters
AuthorMessage
J.McDonald Knives
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
J.McDonald Knives

Number of posts : 72
Rig : 1980 CJ7
specs. : 258ci, auto trans (for now), YJ tub, mostly stock
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Looking for suggestions for 33s Empty
PostSubject: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 12:47 am

I'll be planning on buying some 33" tires for 15" rim for my CJ7 in about a month or two once I get everything else taken care of. I was thinking of going with some Super Swampers or going with some tires from work, either Definity Dakota AT2 or Cooper Discovery STT. Any and all input is welcome. Jeep will be a DD as well as fun on the beach and going to the hunting lease. Don't care if they are quiet or not, just looking for a good tire. If I get tires from work I can get them for 10% off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmcdonaldknives.com
Ingramsatx
Poster child
Poster child
Ingramsatx

Number of posts : 251
Rig : 2006 TJ
specs. : More money than I care to admit.
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

I bought Pro Comp 33X12.5X15 for my TJ from 4Wheel Parts. Buy three - get one free. Got the mud terrain. So far, no complaints. Have over 10K on them and no noticeable wear. A little loud, but I like the sound.

Just my .02c.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 2:56 pm

If you're going DD it, STAY AWAY from the super swampers, the Baja Claws and others like that. Also stay away from the Cooper's the have a long tread life...because they are too hard. My brother had them on his XJ and liked them, until the first time he wheeled it. He knocked about two or three of the side lugs off of each tire the first time he took it out wheeling. I suggest the Toyo's! They're expensive but WELL WORTH the money. LONG tread life, GREAT on the rocks and in the sand and very quite compared to others on the road. I have a little over 30000 miles on mine and about half the treads left on them. With proper and routine rotation, you'll get an easy 50000-55000 out of them.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

I have had no issues with my bf goodrich km2. Good on the rocks, sand, and road, and mud (well light mud I hate mud so I really haven't test them in deep mud)
Back to top Go down
J.McDonald Knives
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
J.McDonald Knives

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the advice. I still have to shop around for everything and make a list. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

Number of posts : 371
Rig : 99 TJ
specs. : https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm

I hear Falken Wildpeak ATs are a very well priced and underrated tire. Super Swampers are really terrible on the road. I have ran 2 sets. KM2s are a good all arounder, but they get street wear complaints. Everyone and their dog swears by the Toyos. I run Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar, and I like them, but they are heavy. Awesome traction everywhere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
gilly_as
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gilly_as

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 07 JK
specs. : Not enough
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 9:39 pm

I'm with Raul, I've been running 33" km2's for about 2 yrs now on my DD. They did great in mud and sand and in the rain. Great tread life, if they have one down fall it's balancing. thanks to discount tires lifetime rotation and balancing, it doesn't cost me anything. Cause it took about 6 months to a year to get them to balance
Back to top Go down
J.McDonald Knives
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
J.McDonald Knives

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 11:28 pm

Anyone here tried Cooper Discoverer STT tires? We have a set of 4 at work and to get them mounted and balanced I'm looking at about $1250 before my discount. Like I said, its gonna be a few months before I get tires but just pricing around and checking out different tires. Too bad Michelin doesn't make any mud terrains, lol.
Back to top Go down
paramedac
Poster child
Poster child
paramedac

Number of posts : 221
Rig : 1995 yj soft top half doors
specs. : 1.75 shackle lift 31x10.5x15 mud rovers,aftermarket bumpers but still the 2.5L
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 12:18 am

I run the dunlop mud rover radials they do a great job in sand mud and on the road I bought mine used in june 2010 and have had great service out of them and they are priced very good also I know we don't get much rain but they do handel it well I use mine in the sand with the VFD several times a month and they have worn very well
David
Back to top Go down
SoTx_mudder
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
SoTx_mudder

Number of posts : 34
Rig : 1984 CJ7
specs. : 3.5" lift
Registration date : 2012-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 9:11 pm

Since my Jeep wont be a DD I'm going to go with some Baja Claw TTC's. If it was a DD I would go with some BFG KM2's. I had some BFG's under a full size truck and they lasted a good while.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 2:51 am

I still love my KM2's. Next set will be too big, hopefully the 42" range, and thus I will mostly be choosing between MTR Kevlars or Pitbull Rockers.
Back to top Go down
Jam Buenavides
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2020-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2021, 8:16 pm

I used Falken Wildpeak A/T3W on my Jeep. I bought my wheel and tire package from 4wheelonline a few months ago. I'm impressed by her off-road performance and I love the fact that it's quiet compared to other off-road tires. I tried it during a long trip and I was not disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for suggestions for 33s   Looking for suggestions for 33s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for suggestions for 33s
Page 1 of 1