MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!

Go down 
+3
jeepguyjames
jonsjeep
PJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PJ
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
PJ

Number of posts : 126
Rig : 2DR Wrangler
specs. : 35x12.50 FT 3"
Registration date : 2008-02-08

FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Empty
PostSubject: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2008, 3:40 pm

Guys & Gals I finally installed my rear adjustable track bar, and i love it. I was runnig only with the front before, but there was some vibes at high speeds. My rear relocation bracket finally broke so i went ahead and got the rear put on. Man what a difference it makes in the ride and handling. I highly lol! recomend putting both front and rear adjustable track bars on when you get your lift. I've been able to center both front and rear axels, and what a difference it makes. Just though i would share some experinces, for some of the new people on here.

BTW sorry about being MIA lately but I can wait till little Indiana Rae gets here, she's only like 30 days away now. Can't wait !!! Then we should be able to hang out, wheel, and meet some of ya'll in person, Casee and I are looking forward to it. Well back to work talk to ya'll later.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2008, 3:49 pm

whre's the pics?

:worthless:
Back to top Go down
jeepguyjames
Poster child
Poster child
jeepguyjames

Number of posts : 266
Rig : 00 TJ ......2" pro comp bb, 31" dick cepek mud countrys, 15x8 craiger soft eights
specs. : olympic wrecker rear bumper, black head light bezels, k&n air filter, and a empty wallet
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jun 2008, 7:24 pm

hey this might be a dumb question, but how do you know where to set the track bar at to center the axle? i am gonna raise my tj up some more here soon and plan on adjustable track bars but not real sure how they work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jameslaird78
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jun 2008, 12:25 pm

there is a good article on how to do it on project-jk
Back to top Go down
matthew2000tx
Poster child
Poster child
matthew2000tx

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 4:48 pm

I justed order Front and Rear for my JK... hope it fixes the shimmy I have!
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 5:21 pm

matthew2000tx wrote:
I justed order Front and Rear for my JK... hope it fixes the shimmy I have!

You definitely need to report back on that... I have a shimmy as well, and have wondered if that will fix it.

I really need to get front & rear anyway. When I was running the Rubi tires, you really needed to look hard to see the shift. But the 35's have magnified the shift (because they are wider), and you can really see it (especially from the rear).

How much were the front & rear?
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
PJ
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
PJ

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 5:21 pm

It worked wonders for me. I bet it takes care of all the vibes that you are having. Then you have to center the axels front and back. I eyeballed it pretty much the whole way. Use the edge of the fender and tire. Stand back about 20 feet to see the right amount. You might want a friend there to help you push the jeep from side to side till you get it right. It took a couple of times of putting it on and taking it off to get it just right. Tighten the top bolts first then just push the bolt though on the bottom to look at it. The rear was easyer to center than the front. Just remeber the fenders are angled in on the front. Trust me you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
PJ
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
PJ

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 5:28 pm

BTY don't forget to lube them up really good. the bars run about 180 a piece front and rear from 4wheel parts. I got the Full Traction ones to match the lift. Also then recenter the steering wheel, and you'll see a hugh difference. Now when I drive down the highway is really smooth again. Straight as an arrow again, it feels really safe now. No vibes at all just the MT feel and thats it. Good luck guys and report back to us. If you need any help install or just questions I'm in the SA area. Just pm me and I'll shoot you my number.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 5:51 pm

out of curiosity, i read somewhere (and cant remember or i'd link it scratch ) that with 2.5" lift you can use the stock trackbar and use one of the other holes on the axle mount to recenter the axle. anyone try this? i've been thinking of doing this but wanted to see if anyone had already done it or knew anyone who had?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 6:03 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
out of curiosity, i read somewhere (and cant remember or i'd link it scratch ) that with 2.5" lift you can use the stock trackbar and use one of the other holes on the axle mount to recenter the axle. anyone try this? i've been thinking of doing this but wanted to see if anyone had already done it or knew anyone who had?

Hmmm. I had not heard that. Would be an inexpensive way to go though.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 7:24 pm

there are 3 holes on the track bar bracket (on the axle). the stock location is the middle hole. but (looking from the front) there is another hold lower and to the right of the middle hole. to me, it would seem that it would shift the axle back to the passengers side about 1/2"

i really havent looked at the rear to see if it is the same.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008, 12:43 am

I would not recomend doing this! Your trackbar needs to stay parallel with your draglink. NB OFFROAD tried this with my old TJ with very poor results. He got major shimmy/death wobble. Just save and get an adjustable track bar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
matthew2000tx
Poster child
Poster child
matthew2000tx

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun 2008, 4:18 am

I got my track bars in.
Back to top Go down
matthew2000tx
Poster child
Poster child
matthew2000tx

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun 2008, 4:20 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!   FYI!  Trackbars! Great Mod! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FYI! Trackbars! Great Mod!
Page 1 of 1