MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Empty
PostSubject: Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive   Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 10:47 am

WFTW Toy Run News
Drove up to Austin to meet with the head lady of the USO. This is great connection we now have. They are in full support of our events and know we really do care about these soldiers.

Save the date. One October 28th we will have the 2nd annual Toy Drive at Northwest Dodge. It will include a car show, 4x4 show, stuff for the kiddos to do and great raffle prizes. This year is bit different since we are teaming up with a little organization some of you guys may have heard of, The USO. We are very proud of all the work and support the wheeler community has given to Wheelers for the Wounded and these projects. The impact is huge and to have the USO unite with us so that we can touch even more children this year is HUGE. The USO does not team up with everyone and this is very proud moment for us. All the credit is yours.

So here is the deal, collect toys. We will need as many as we can get. Organize a toy drive at work, church, or civic club. All these toys will go to children of our wounded soldiers. This is for the children. One thing I would like to point out, many times these children feel left out. Their mother or Father is in rehabilitation and many times everything is about the soldier. This isn't. This is for them.

Last year, one of our board members was helping Santa distribute toys and a little 7 year old girl came up and told him, "Can you tell Santa thank you for the toys? My mommy said he would not be able to come this year to see me. So, I just wanted him to know I love him." When he told me, it broke my heart. This is good thing. Time to get motivated and give them a great Xmas.

In the next few days I will get a list of toys we need, and what type. I will also have more info on this event. If you would like to help with the Toy Collections in anyway, please PM or call me. Plan to be at Northwest Dodge Jeep for a logistical meeting about the Toy Run.

Put it on your Calendars!!!!

By the way, you will receive raffle tickets for the amount of toys you bring in. So, get something organized at work, schools, churches etc.....
Back to top Go down
Evilpopcorn
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Evilpopcorn

Number of posts : 38
Rig : Cherokee XJ
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive   Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

I'll try to be there, won't be able to come to a meeting about it (I live in San Antonio, that'd be a LONG and EXPENSIVE drive just for a meeting) Maybe I could bring some of those Johnny Lightning XJ's.
Back to top Go down
Evilpopcorn
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Evilpopcorn

Number of posts : 38
Rig : Cherokee XJ
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive   Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

Wait, is it in Austin? Only one I could find is in Houston... are we doing this in Houston?
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive   Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2012, 6:52 pm

Houston. The details are at the following links. Flyer below as well.

Here's a flyer for the Toy Drive. I also got word today that a Medal of Honor recipient may be present. How cool is that.

http://northwestdodge.com/Toy%20Drive%20Flyer%20Final.pdf

http://northwestdodge.com/toydrive
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive   Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2012, 11:39 pm

Very cool! I hope you fill two semis. Dan, we'll have to find some time to get together after October to deliver all the toys and donations Madisen has collected.

As a reminder, Madisen is still taking donations from any Jeep Nation members. We will pick up donations for any toys or money. Monetary donations may also be made to wftwsa4mmd@sbcglobal.net on PayPal. All donations will be accepted through the end of October.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive   Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

Well, we are in the last month of collections for this NJHS project. Although we have two fair sized boxes of toys for the children of wounded warriors, I'd like to have many more. All of our toys to date have come from two sources: our church, and our own pockets. We pick up donations from church collection boxes weekly and buy a toy for a boy and a girl each week when we go grocery shopping.

Please help out the children of our wounded warriors and make a donation on PayPal today. Here is a link to the donation page for convenience.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4NLN9DG5FGTJN

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive   Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheelers for the Wounded - Toy Drive
Page 1 of 1