MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg Empty
PostSubject: Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg   Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 11:17 am

Still in the making, I will post more details as I get them:

Northwest Dodge-Jeep will host a Wheelers for the Wounded Fund raiser on Sunday November 13. Jim has put up some hug prizes in a raffle, there will be a 4x4 show and shine, a raffle and a lunch. All you have to do is show up....

We will be collecting Donations, and Toys to help support the Wheeler for the Wounded Xmas party at Fort Hood. This year we have about 250 children needing a good xmas. These children are ones who live on base, have one parent in rehab and the other is usually out of work, assisting their soldier with rehab. We all know how hard it can be when a two income family goes down to one. These guys have so many extra costs associated with their rehabilitation, that the kids suffer for it.

We also will be collecting care package items to send to our troops. Save your good magazines, DVDs, and books. These are high on the request list.
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg   Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg Icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

We are going to volunteers and lots of participation to pull this off. We have 250+ kids on bases that will not have much of Xmas if we do not succeed in this. They have at least one parent in Rehab and the other is usually assisting that parents so Money is very tight. Let's show them the support they deserve.

Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:00 AM

Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge

19616 Northwest Freeway, Jersey Village, TX (map)
We will take up the parking lot!!!

Northwest Dodge is hosting a Show n Shine / Toy drive / Care Package event. The event will be used to collect toys (for children all ages....up to and including 17 years old), cash donations and care packages to be sent to our soldiers overseas!

The Show n Shine will be done for Mild (stock)/Wild (35" tires, more than 2" of lift) and Peoples Choice. There will be free food, entertainment and a big screen TV showing the Texans Football game! The raffle items will contain the following items:

* 3 wide screen TV's

* multiple iPods

* multiple iPads

* Off road accesories

* Gift certificates/cards

* Turkeys

To get raffle tickets you can do the following:

_ Bring cash donation, toy or a care package for a soldier overseas values at <$25: 1 raffle ticket

_ Bring cash donation, toy or a care package for a soldier overseas values at >$25; 5 raffle tickets

_ Register and participate in Show n Shine; 5 raffle tickets

_ Donate => $25 to National Memorial Ladies (at the event); 5 raffle tickets.

You could have up to 15 raffle tickets to win some raffle items.

Tentative times, the Show N Shine judging will be at 2, announcement of winner after that. Raffle drawing at 3pm. Raffle winners MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. IF it's Ok could a mod move this to official events, I could not squeeze the date in subject body.
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg   Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

Nobody here interested? Lots of prizes and fun. All for a great cause too. 100% of everything will go to the Xmas party for the wounded troops. We will need help with that party as well. This is just one of the many things WFTW does. WFTW is not just about taking soldier riding. Get involved and give back to those who have given so much. Ask me how.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg   Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 5:03 pm

Stouttrout wrote:
Nobody here interested? Lots of prizes and fun. All for a great cause too. 100% of everything will go to the Xmas party for the wounded troops. We will need help with that party as well. This is just one of the many things WFTW does. WFTW is not just about taking soldier riding. Get involved and give back to those who have given so much. Ask me how.

That sounds like a great event. Unfortunately My schedule is already totally full. On a separate note, My daughter turned in her proposal for her National Junior Honor Society service project. She is gonna round up donations for WFTW children's Christmas gifts. I will be in touch once NJHS responds to her proposal. It could happen as early as tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg   Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

We have now been invited to hold monthly event at the base for the injured soldiers. This Xmas event is exploding and has been sent to 3rd. So it will be huge and we need to deliver.

I have donated a Honda ATV and it will be given to one of the soldier at next year main event. things are taking off and we need all the help we can get.

Be sure to tell your daughter to come out to the event and look me up. Bring her freinds and families out for some fun. We need all we can get there. I know schedules get full this time of year but if you can make it or help advertise it, please do. WE really NEED it.

Just a reminder, WFTW is a 501c3 and there is no one on a payroll. Everything we make goes to the troops, everything you give, goes tot he troops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg   Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheelers for the Wounded Fundraiser-Northwest Dodg
Page 1 of 1