MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transfer Case

Go down 
+6
skoalman
rohantmh
The Raven
jonsjeep
terrahawk
maxxwellmomma
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Number of posts : 52
Rig : 92 Yj(stands for Yummy Jeep)
specs. : where to start: I ride on 35X12.5X15's, new gears, installed a new creation to get rid of actuator!
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 1:12 pm

[img]http://www.myjeepforum.net/Transfer Case Time_f10[/img] Okay any advice on the do's & don'ts of replacing a transfer case in my 92 YJ. I am just dropping the one that is in there now with an identical transfer case. But are there any tricks, secrets to keep from any furture ooppsss down the road from installation.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 1:45 pm

Make sure you tighten all the case bolts to spec.
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

specs. : where to start: I ride on 35X12.5X15's, new gears, installed a new creation to get rid of actuator!

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 1:51 pm

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 3:29 pm

nice avatar. is that you?
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 3:57 pm

sorry but yes, thats me. i am a plain jane, black haired, blue green eyed monster I mean Jeepr Chick!! My time, love & $$ & heart go into Maxxwell & I neglect myself.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 4:05 pm

I'm sure he would enjoy going out in the YJ just like little Mr.RonGilbert does. Never seen a kid have so much fun like he did in Barnwell LOL. Ya'll ought to bring him out to Trees Ranch in March. Heck, even Spring Creek is fun and it's right in your back yard!
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 4:12 pm

I am at SCOR ever other weekend. Thats my running tuff!! Not this weekend though, transfer case to tend with! Sure glad I havent done my nails yet!
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 4:48 pm

did you already get the transfer case? do you have pullers? I have helped a buddy do a slip yoke eliminator on one. just make sure yo have a jack w/blocks that'll reach the trans for support and it should be pretty strait forward. I am sure you can get someone from the houston clan to lend a hand...
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 4:52 pm

Pullers, okay talk to me! And nope no help, I am one that I want to get my own hands greasy so that way I can learn. Crappy part is the old man usually pushes me away & he takes over. I love doing my own work on my own rig!
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 5:04 pm

you may need a puller to get the yokes off the old transfer case to put on your new one. autozone will loan you them if you don't already have them. replacing a transfer case really can be a two person job. meaning you and someone else. you live out by George and Jennie. Perhaps you can run it out there and use his ramp for better access...
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 5:14 pm

ahh... I will look into the pullers! Ha thanks, now you made me look really smrt when I talk to othrs about pulling my transfer case! George & Jennie, who is that? Or wait I remember people by what their rig is
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 5:16 pm

redneck houston and jeeperjennie are their callnames
Back to top Go down
The Raven
Poster child
Poster child
The Raven

Number of posts : 313
Rig : 09 X ulimited **1/2 doors**
specs. : 2.5" TF BB 35" KM
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 6:49 pm

George has the yellow 4dr with RockRash4x4 along the side. They are good people
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 6:52 pm

Rescue1 wrote:
George has the yellow 4dr with RockRash4x4 along the side. They are good people
But they don't live anywhere close to Huffman scratch
Back to top Go down
The Raven
Poster child
Poster child
The Raven

Number of posts : 313
Rig : 09 X ulimited **1/2 doors**
specs. : 2.5" TF BB 35" KM
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 6:57 pm

actually, they don't live anywhere close to anywhere. i'm envious.
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 6:59 pm

know how they feel, I am out here in the sticks also by Lake Houston!! I call it Haterville! The guys out here arent friendly, but you let my old man get in my rig & they speak to him all day!
Back to top Go down
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

Number of posts : 525
Rig : Black Unlimited Rubicon
specs. : Starting to add stuff now.....
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 9:37 pm

maxxwellmomma wrote:
know how they feel, I am out here in the sticks also by Lake Houston!!

Sticks by Lake Houston????.....LOL....

Crosby is the real sticks by Lake Houston......Huffman is the Garden Spot of north-east Harris County... lol!
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 9:40 pm

ok sorry but I have to hijack this thread......ok how long does it take you guys to get to the nearest grocery store? not your store of choice but the closest store to you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 9:49 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
ok sorry but I have to hijack this thread......ok how long does it take you guys to get to the nearest grocery store? not your store of choice but the closest store to you?

Grocery store hell!!!! Crosby has a freakin Starbucks ( 🤣 ) that could be why Skoal hasnt bugged out yet.

(and don't even think about calling it "North Barrett" afro)
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 10:00 pm

terrahawk wrote:
I'm sure he would enjoy going out in the YJ just like little Mr.RonGilbert does. Never seen a kid have so much fun like he did in Barnwell LOL. Ya'll ought to bring him out to Trees Ranch in March. Heck, even Spring Creek is fun and it's right in your back yard!

I don't think that Max would be able to ride shotgun with her because, if I'm not mistaken, Maxwell IS the YJ.

And little G had a blast (almost as much fun as me) I cant wait to do it again.

Transfer Case P1010018
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 10:02 pm

lol...I had to laugh when I saw him say Crosby was the sticks......hehe we are 12 miles to the closest store....lol starbucks whats that? I have to drive 20+ miles to get a mocha.....but we do have a hair care/tire shop/biker bar/taxadermy store....guess its better then living in town you can get everything done at once in the same place ...yet it's not recomended the last time I had my hair done by one of those bikers it turned out black...of course I guess that could have been because they washed it in the back of the tire shop in the oil change bay.....but I had geo do a corrective color and it looks ok now
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 10:19 pm

:taz: ANd whats wrong with a YJ? :taz: He has done things in 2wheel drive that I have seen other newer 🚽 Jeeps do in 4wheel drive. :drool2: Maxxwell :drool2: has proved that you dont need all that fancy smancy off road big money stuff to get a job :deadhorse: done!
Back to top Go down
maxxwellmomma
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
maxxwellmomma

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 10:21 pm

Oh wait I forgot, if we want a real store like Wally World or Krogers, we call it driving over the bridge to get to Atascocita!! Like I said I live in Haterville Huffman
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 10:22 pm

i think someone thought maxxwell was a kid not a jeep hehe some of the members here are brain dead...lol....
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 10:26 pm

wow if i was a real store like wally world or krogers I have to drive 25 miles to tomball or cypress..........OMG I really do live out in the sticks...crap I am a hillbilly...lol

oh and on the transfer case install its pretty simple just un bolt and re bolt but remember it is a heavy little bugger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Transfer Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Case   Transfer Case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfer Case
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next