MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Service in North Houston Area / Spring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JKCobra
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
JKCobra

Number of posts : 10
Rig : 07 JK Steel Blue
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Service in North Houston Area / Spring Empty
PostSubject: Service in North Houston Area / Spring   Service in North Houston Area / Spring Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 10:36 am

I'm having a problem with my clutch on my 07 wrangler 6-speed. Pretty sure its not syncing since once it cooled down I was able to shift again. I thought at first the slave cylinder was toast as I got stuck in a pretty big mud hole a few weeks back and seem to remember shifting and then cursing at myself. Anyways, I know better than to go to Spring Dodge again after past experiences, but not really sure who else is good. Any suggestions on places that have good service departments and won't give you hell if they spot a little mud remaining somewhere you couldn't wash off?
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Service in North Houston Area / Spring   Service in North Houston Area / Spring Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 5:45 pm

I know its far but I know of a few places, Finnigan in rosenburg only deal with George in Service, tell him you know a guy named Mustang George from back in the day who drove a 67 stang.

then there is Liberty dayton dodge, go to them if they give you any shit tell then you live in the country or have a country cottage that has a dirt road. Also if there are any dodge dealers near you that don't sell Jeeps you can go there they did not get the memo's about the jeep warranty crap.

I only know all of this cause I worked in the car industry for years and ran across a few contacts
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
JKCobra
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
JKCobra

Number of posts : 10
Rig : 07 JK Steel Blue
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Service in North Houston Area / Spring   Service in North Houston Area / Spring Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 6:32 pm

Got my shifting issue sorted out. Went to Tomball Dodge, the guy there, Josh, was very nice and no comments about remaining mud or the lift or anything. Turned out to be a computer flash needed, it was putting it in limp mode and trying to make me shift from 1st to 4th because it sensed a high torque demand and not enough power (always when I was at angle in 1st gear) and this caused a number of other issues. But it appears to cooperating now, at least for the moment.
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Service in North Houston Area / Spring   Service in North Houston Area / Spring Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 6:36 pm

JKCobra wrote:
Got my shifting issue sorted out. Went to Tomball Dodge, the guy there, Josh, was very nice and no comments about remaining mud or the lift or anything. Turned out to be a computer flash needed, it was putting it in limp mode and trying to make me shift from 1st to 4th because it sensed a high torque demand and not enough power (always when I was at angle in 1st gear) and this caused a number of other issues. But it appears to cooperating now, at least for the moment.

he he he ! did he say limp mode? 🍌
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Service in North Houston Area / Spring   Service in North Houston Area / Spring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Service in North Houston Area / Spring
Page 1 of 1