MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regearing questions

Go down 
+9
akonius
MudHound
jeff.lyon3
Maverick1701
redneckhouston
jeeperjennie
Deacon
N2rock
..::Ryan::..
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

Number of posts : 601
Rig : yellow, six speed, vinyl, no carpet or rear seat
specs. : rubi takeoffs 2.5" RC spring lift
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Regearing questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regearing questions   Regearing questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 12:30 pm

Speaking of fucking nuts, I love to do everything myself that I possibly can but sometimes you get in trouble. For instance, my sister was away at school and I got this great idea to swap the cams in her 04 mustang gt. I had never done an overhead cam swap but I can usually figure things out. That was back in February when I started that project. The motor is now in the machine shop being rebuilt with a forged stroker kit. The good part is that after pulling/reinstalling the motor and rebuilding all the way down to the block 3 times, I probably know more about sohc 4.6 fords than any ford mechanic. The bad part is if you can't work on a project every single day and if you need the vehicle, you can wind up with a HUGE pita to deal with. Just a thought.

P.S.

If anyone ever wants cams installed in a ford mod motor, hit me up. I can either do it for you, or walk you through it. I believe I have now made every mistake that can possibly be made during my install. Besides, I have to have some use for this really cool $200 overhead cam valve spring compressor tool.

And Maverick, I am still considering swapping the gears myself, but not till spring when I can ride my bike everyday if I get it wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org

Regearing questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2