MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TSJM questions

Go down 
+23
07_Rubi
TxCrawler
Dutchboy101
justinajeep
Hutch
jkdrone
JK_JOE
jonsjeep
JK-fredd0
BIGPOPPY
jkx0778
skoalman
Mr.RonGilbert
akonius
TxRubiRig
jeff.lyon3
xxXJohnny
terrahawk
N2rock
jeeperjennie
CRUX
Renee10
redneckhouston
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 8:59 pm

As the self-apponted houston area trail coordinatior and official trail leader and grand pooh-bah of all things jeep I have a few important questions for the people who run things (jeep-nation officers)

1. why are we e-mailing info? this forum is for that info......and it is for all to see, not just the folks on ya'll's email list

2. the more links to the meet on here the higher its google ranking......try googleing "texas size jeep meet" .......everything comes up except this site

3. if i understand the last email right, raffle tickets are only avalible to those who pre-pay????<-------hopefully not true

3a. lots of folks will probably show up without pre-paying or pre-registering.......this always happens at any large event, as of right now noone has replied to the meet thread on jkowners but i know for a fact several folks from there are comming

now on to the update email and my official question on it(in red no less)

Dear all,

Just wanted to let you know that some of the Officers went
to visit Tree’s this past weekend. We wanted to see the place as well as
get a little more info and questions answered for our meet. It was a great
visit and I will tell you that Bob & Kenneth were extremely helpful and are
excited about our up and coming trip. Here are a couple bullet points and info
we have to share.

The directions off the Tree’s web-site were perfect,
and it was easy to find

It was about 200 miles from San Antonio and it took us
about 2 ½ hours to get there

The ranch is huge

The Frio Canyon Lodge where several of us have reservations
is 25 minutes from the ranch, its not that far but the roads are windy

They will have leaders that will go with each of our
groups<------do they have thier own rigs? ride with us? will we be able to pick our own groups? are these leaders going to say " oh its a jk, lets go on the easy trails?"....

They have all levels of off-roading<-----from what i understand the main roads are about 1.5 diamonds

We will need to take all trash completely off the ranch
when we leave so take lots of trash bags

The bunkhouse is ruff

We can arrive Friday afternoon pretty much any time
after 3pm

They have a covered barn with a welder and compressor
if we need it, they even have a spare drive shaft and ½ of a axle left there
if we need one<------what does that mean??? if you plan to run 3-4 trails bring spares

The RV sites are in the front close to the office; flat,
rocks and no trees

The camping area is next to the RV area

All vehicles will be given a tag and all visitors a arm
band

There is a burn ban in effect but BBQ pits are fine

There is a brief each morning about 8:30

Plan to take your lunch once we are out on the trail
its about 15-30 minutes just to get back to camp so they usually stay out all
day

They usually head back to camp around 5pm unless the
group wants to come in earlier<----what about later??

The restrooms are located in the bunkhouse

This is a rain or shine event

sorry for all the ??'s but i along with most of the houston group, cant stand someone else telling us what to do.......

manditory trail leaders rub most of us the wrong way from previous experience, we have had leaders take us on the bunny slopes because our jeeps were new and shiney.....

ok rip into me :explosive:
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 9:46 pm

No worries, here is answers to your questions;

1. We email because not everyone reads the forum, a couple guys on the email have never been to the forum so just trying to cover all the bases
2. Since we just got the web-site it takes a month or two for it to show up on the search engines, we have listed them on there but they take there sweet time in getting it set up
3. A raffle ticket will be given to each rig that enters the park, it is not pre-registered only
4. Their leaders have their own rigs, we pick our own groups how big or small and then tell them what level of trail we want. I will tell you they are very excited about us coming and want to please us. The guys seem very nice
5. The main roads are very bumpy, it is rocks up there not like KAtemcy but small rock roads, no dirt or gravel
6. The spare parts they have were just left by someone, this is like all the other parks if you want to you can break something Shocked
7. You can probably stay out a little later but they don't do night wheeling

I really think we will have fun with these guys (trail leaders), they seem to fit right in with us when we were there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 2:38 am

Also, they stated that they would determine who goes with who based on rig set-up. ie - Lockers/no lockers, tire size, etc. Also, keep in mind some of you may want to stay out a little longer, and that may be fine with the trail leaders. But keep in mind, some folks in those groups that might stay out later may possibly miss out on their prepaid dinner since it will be served at a certain time. We will have to iron out those little details.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26&amp;amp;quot; spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 2:47 am

CRUX wrote:
Also, they stated that they would determine who goes with who based on rig set-up. ie - Lockers/no lockers, tire size, etc.

Renee10 wrote:

4. Their leaders have their own rigs, we pick our
own groups how big or small and then tell them what level of trail we
want. I will tell you they are very excited about us coming and want to
please us. The guys seem very nice

so which is it?

what does lockers/no lockers have to do with any thing? my little group has locked and unlocked rigs.......we wheel together ..........jk's can run 4's with no lockers............5's are too much for any jk
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 2:51 am

Just stating what they told us. They said on quite a few trails, 35 c axles are toast. They also mentioned that we could pick who we want to wheel with, but as long as the rigs are similarly modified. They also mentioned some trails may require lockers, and tire size would also play a part. That just what we were told. And not everyone is running a JK.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 3:02 am

ok we are trying to figure out if our group will be able to wheel together.

Our Group has lots of diff rigs, 3 have lockers and 3 don't...we like to wheel together because we know what each others rigs are capable of and we know how each driver handles their rig.....we are comfortable spotting for each other. Most of us don't want to be split up...esp. me and Geo....I would hate to get there and be told that I can not wheel in Geo's group because I am lockerless.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 3:32 am

I don't think it that critical. They are just airing on the side of caution. They have seen lots of breakdowns because people didn't heed their advise. Most trails have bypasses, some don't. The terrain looked a lot like Longs Ranch. We didn't go on any trails, really. They took Renee down one, & she said it seemed good to go. Don't remember what the rating was. The ranch roads like you mentioned are fairly rough.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 3:36 am

cool.....

you know we went to Barnwell Mt a few weeks ago...we did every 3 and 4 there it everyone there could do the 3's with out any problems those who were with out lockers had to work at it to get through the 4's but everyone made it with out any breaks
Back to top Go down

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 10:10 am

Question:

Will there be any wheeling without a guide?

Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 10:34 am

How many guides will they have? We're going to have a lot of rigs. So I'm curious to what size the groups will be which will depend on how many guides they have.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 2:41 pm

They said they will have as many guides as we need, they have had over 100 rigs out there before with no problem. Guys you can pick who goes with who, no worries, like Adam said they have bypasses so if you have a rig in your group that can't make the trail, they can take the bypass :driving:
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 2:43 pm

Paul08Wrangler wrote:
Question:

Sorry but no, the ranch is so big I'm sure they worry about people getting lost, also it is a wild game ranch so you will see exotics and so forth, I think the owner of the ranch is a little cautious.

Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 3:16 pm

N2rock wrote:
How many guides will they have? We're going to have a lot of rigs. So I'm curious to what size the groups will be which will depend on how many guides they have.

Steve, did you check your pm's that is a hell of a deal on that set of axles!
Back to top Go down

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 9:21 pm

Axles, did someone say AXLES????????
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 11:29 pm

how close is the closest fule station?
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2009, 11:40 pm

You mean fuel? If so, maybe 20-30 miles. Not too bad :nahnahna2:
Back to top Go down

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 12:24 am

328 miles to have only one good day of wheeling. Cant wheel any where we want. 8:30am meeting to get the group ready to go out to wheel, sounds like only going to get to wheel about 5 or 6 hours by the time you break for lunch and then got to be in by dark. Not interested, hope yall have fun.

Back to top Go down

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 12:30 am

Renee10 wrote:
Paul08Wrangler wrote:
Question:

Sorry but no, the ranch is so big I'm sure they worry about people getting lost, also it is a wild game ranch so you will see exotics and so forth, I think the owner of the ranch is a little cautious.

I wounder if a group of $60.000 trailer rigs show up out there that they would not be allowed to wheel where ever they want???? I can understand the ranch owners not wanting a group of beginners not wandering around there 5000 acre ranch but, a bunch of experienced wheelers being led around by a babysitter is not for the experienced wheeler.

Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 10:29 am

redneckhouston wrote:

sorry for all the ??'s but i along with most of the houston group, cant stand someone else telling us what to do.......

manditory trail leaders rub most of us the wrong way from previous experience, we have had leaders take us on the bunny slopes because our jeeps were new and shiney.....

Paul08Wrangler wrote:
328 miles to have only one good day of
wheeling. Cant wheel any where we want. 8:30am meeting to get the group
ready to go out to wheel, sounds like only going to get to wheel about
5 or 6 hours by the time you break for lunch and then got to be in by
dark. Not interested, hope yall have fun.

I agree. I have never had "trail guides" before and have wheeled in some of the most wide open parts of the country (Montana, Washington, Utah, California). Never got lost and we were able to figure out which trails we could take all by ourselves. Is there anyplace a group of friends can just go wheel and hang out?
Back to top Go down

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 10:46 am

jdldx3 wrote:
redneckhouston wrote:

Paul08Wrangler wrote:

I agree. I have never had "trail guides" before and have wheeled in some of the most wide open parts of the country (Montana, Washington, Utah, California). Never got lost and we were able to figure out which trails we could take all by ourselves. Is there anyplace a group of friends can just go wheel and hang out?

Barnwell Mountain, Shiloh Ridge, Katemcy Rocks, Clayton Oklahoma, Spring Creek Off Road, Hot springs Arkansas, Brazos Valley Off Road, Boulder Creek, and probably a lot more that I haven't been to.

Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5&quot; Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 5:08 pm

jdldx3 wrote:
redneckhouston wrote:

Paul08Wrangler wrote:

Ah man, I seriously thought this was supposed to be something like Longs (the 1st time around).

I admit I didn't/haven't read the whole website for Trees and that was/is my fault.

I've read over this thread and talked to the other half...We are not going to make. Thats just too much $$$ and too many miles for 1 day of wheeling.

I know its not that bad for the SA group but its a different story for us.

Maybe someone could help us change our minds, like:

Allowing us to go up Friday afternoon...wheel the rest of the time...camp...then Sat meet the WHOLE group for this 8:30'ish (ugh) drivers meeting...take off and go wheel...take a break either on the trails or at camp for lunch...chill out a little...go back out wheeling...come back for some dinner...BS around...wheel a little more...and go back to camp for a lil sleep...sleep in a little on Sunday...go wheel the good spots one last time and then take back off for the trip back to Houston!

Whatcha say?

PS...
Yes, this lil Houston crowd is very diverse and does things a lil different...BUT DAMNIT WE HAVE A GOOD TIME DOING IT
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 5:24 pm

I'm not sure why you guys think its only one day of wheeling, its Sat & Sun and I bet if we get there before dark on Friday the guys would probably take us out ( I will confirm). It is a weekend of wheeling. :rolleyes2:
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 9:22 pm

I think the reason they think we will not be able to wheel on sunday is because we have a 6 hour trip home and I know most of them will have to work on Monday and will need to be home at a some what reasonable time.....most of the Houston crowd would have to leave there around noon which wouldn't give us much time on Sunday to do anything.

if the Sunday morning meeting lasts an hour that only gives us...2 1/2 hours to wheel and if the trails are 20 min from camp that cuts another 40 min of our wheeling time
Back to top Go down

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 9:28 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
I think the reason they think we will not be able to wheel on sunday is because we have a 6 hour trip home and I know most of them will have to work on Monday and will need to be home at a some what reasonable time.....most of the Houston crowd would have to leave there around noon which wouldn't give us much time on Sunday to do anything.

if the Sunday morning meeting lasts an hour that only gives us...2 1/2 hours to wheel and if the trails are 20 min from camp that cuts another 40 min of our wheeling time

Exactly what I was saying^^^^^^^^^^agree 100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 3:36 am

scratch ...all I know is that I wanted to wheel with the folks I know from the Houston crew...Steve, Geo, Jennie, Shannon - now I'm wondering if I'm gonna be shuttled over to another group as I am not running 35's and lockers?! No offense to anyone else it's just more comfortable runnin with folks you know and have been out with before & know you can trust...
:grouphug3:
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Sponsored content

TSJM questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSJM questions   TSJM questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TSJM questions
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next