MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Overkill update...

Go down 
+8
TxCrawler
GULF COAST PIRATE
Uup4it
rooster
terrahawk
jkx0778
jeetyet
TxRubiRig
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Overkill update... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 2:40 pm

uup4it wrote:
TxCrawler wrote:
TxRubiRig wrote:

EDIT: I got commerical and personal info on this group...just choose not to use it

I bet this info was easily obtained by your line of work... hahaha

And I would love to have that ability, (per my pm to TxRubiRig Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_biggrin ) I just love the thought of being able to get access to pertinent information on those who deserve to be shown right from wrong Overkill update... - Page 2 447798 Overkill update... - Page 2 447798

oh grasshopper...but one must remain responsible for the information obtained.
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 3:08 pm

TxRubiRig wrote:
uup4it wrote:
TxCrawler wrote:
TxRubiRig wrote:

EDIT: I got commerical and personal info on this group...just choose not to use it

I bet this info was easily obtained by your line of work... hahaha

And I would love to have that ability, (per my pm to TxRubiRig Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_biggrin ) I just love the thought of being able to get access to pertinent information on those who deserve to be shown right from wrong Overkill update... - Page 2 447798 Overkill update... - Page 2 447798

oh grasshopper...but one must remain responsible for the information obtained.

Understood......oh wise one! I am eager to learn the ropes Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_rr .
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 4:51 pm

OVERHAULED FENDERS...

OK its stopped raining enough for now...sorry for the cell pics...after the fenders are finished, I'll take better pics when its not wet

I tried to take these pics in angles that would show the work performed (esp the lines)

The worked still needed is mostly around the cowl area...you'll see, but easy fix

Looking @ this pic below, I'm thinking that eventually the back of the wheel well (?) will end up being changed to a more pronounced curve

Overkill update... - Page 2 0308001416

Looking @ this one...my front bumper needs a lil mod now to conform with the rest...notice the lil extra I got (the winch box inside the grill, looks so much better)
Overkill update... - Page 2 0308001416a

Here ya can see the hood line as it should be, along with the lil work needed with the cowl area
Overkill update... - Page 2 0308001417

The angled tube by the grill is new...the orginal plate looked like it would ruin a tire @ full flex
Overkill update... - Page 2 0308001418Overkill update... - Page 2 0308001418a

Again yes the cowl work is needed...the recessed badge was my idea...it'll be on both sides, need something to break up that large space (IMO), maybe add something else later...again notice the hood line now
Overkill update... - Page 2 0308001419

Notice the smoothed corners now, too
Overkill update... - Page 2 0308001417a
Back to top Go down
The Raven
Poster child
Poster child
The Raven

Number of posts : 313
Rig : 09 X ulimited **1/2 doors**
specs. : 2.5" TF BB 35" KM
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 4:57 pm

i think i have an extra badge if you need one
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:00 pm

K, kewl if I don't get the one from Stevo then I hit ya up
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:26 pm

damn, G should just start making his own not that he has had some time with them, and i'm 99.9% sure G's will fit right outta the box Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_wink . and if not, i'm 100% sure he would make it fit perfect.

you h-town guys are lucky to have someone close by to turn to for great work like that.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:10 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
damn, G should just start making his own not that he has had some time with them, and i'm 99.9% sure G's will fit right outta the box Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_wink . and if not, i'm 100% sure he would make it fit perfect.

you h-town guys are lucky to have someone close by to turn to for great work like that.

Easy.... we don't want his head to swell up. He still thinks he is just a redneck with a hobby.. he might get all commercial on us.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:25 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

Easy.... we don't want his head to swell up. He still thinks he is just a redneck with a hobby.. he might get all commercial on us.

shit, i'm just a pecker-wood that lives out in the woods with too many jeeps...
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
jeetyet
Poster child
Poster child
jeetyet

Number of posts : 360
Rig : 91 xj
specs. : daily drivin slow turd
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:42 am

Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_basketball
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 3:24 pm

You can have my badge too if ya need it Joe.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 4:56 pm

now imma be a collector of badges...lol
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 2:45 pm

just keeping my notes...from JKF

ATExasPI wrote:
overkillengineering wrote:

Hello Joe, I am sorry for the missed message. My salesman made a mistake on the forums and sale, and I had them end it about two weeks ago. If you would like I can ship you another set of fenders to Lunatic here and dallas and they can install them for you. I can also get those nerfs here as well. Does this help?
First I'm sorry but I would like to know whom I'm communicating with.
You know its sad.
I first saw your product as Rooster (Jeff Sparks) posted on *******s.
Back in November (12?) I spoke with Mark Nobles on the phone with the intent of running your body armor in Texas series rock racing. The main attraction was the complete front fender replacement. However, at the time I was not able to afford the complete combo and opted to wait on ordering the complete rear 2dr skinz (basic, as it was going to be comp cut).
At the time of ordering, I was said to receive the fenders in approximately 2 weeks. But it kept getting drawn out, with several other shipment dates broke.
Mr. Mark Hanson sent the email about sending me the rear skinz to keep my business (I did not ask for them). I agreed and continued to wait.
I finally get the order..front fenders only, no rear. Based on my experience it was no surprise. Then a couple of weeks later, I had enough time to install the front. Yeah, well thats when any confidence left in Overkill was lost.
Unfortantly, I ended up spending more money to have the fenders modified to fit correctly (+ painting).
I have bit my tongue on all major forums when I see postings of Overkill, although those that know me around here (+Jeff Sparks) know how I feel and the crap that I've put up with. I've been told by several that I should be flaming Overkill every chance I get. But as you see, I have not.
Then I see this on JK-forum and the sale...felt like another slap in the face. So I PM'ed Overkill on 02/25, only to finally get a reply on 03/11 (guess things haven't changed).
Now about your reply...
Why would you offer to send a set to Lunatic in Dallas, while I'm in Houston? Assuming I didn't have the fenders already modded to fit, I would then have to spend approximately 6-8 hrs round trip +install time to get another set (after everything I've already put up with)! And whats this about nerfs? I don't want nerfs as they would do nothing for me and my application.
Yes, in case you couldn't tell...I'm still frustrated.
How can this be settled? I dont' know. Whats done is done. I just hope its not being done to others too. I'm not one for handouts, but I do feel I'm still due the rear as stated by Mr. Hanson.
I guess I will be hitting up River Raider or EVO for the complete rear (including rocker). Its your call but um, you have the ablity to help out with that if you wish.
Let me know,
Joe Robinson
713-859-1331

Last edited by TxRubiRig on Fri 12 Mar 2010, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LMAO about the JKOwners being sensored)
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 3:09 pm

You have much, much more patience than I do.....

props.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 4:23 pm

Yeah these guys kept another dude on JeepForum.com waiting for over 5 months for his front bumper with all kinds of BS along the way, including charging his card immediately for an off-the-shelf order (it's not like they were doing special work for him) that wouldn't ship for a while and then telling him they'd keep a third of the money if he canceled the order as a "restocking fee" for a part that didn't even exist. Long, painful experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill update...   Overkill update... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill update...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2