MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ingnition issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
paramedac
Poster child
Poster child
paramedac

Number of posts : 221
Rig : 1995 yj soft top half doors
specs. : 1.75 shackle lift 31x10.5x15 mud rovers,aftermarket bumpers but still the 2.5L
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Ingnition issues Empty
PostSubject: Ingnition issues   Ingnition issues Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 8:42 pm

Hey Guys
I am having a problem with my YJ with 2.5 FI ENGINE when it is cold it runs great but when it warms up it starts to missout when the temps go up outside it gets even worse we thought we found the problem with a shorted plug wire but no lock I have changed the plugs but I am at my ends , all electronics are just at a year old.

Thanks in advance
DAVID
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Ingnition issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ingnition issues   Ingnition issues Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 12:15 am

David,

It's hard to say for sure but I would hunt for a vacuum leak, check the iac and the ignition control module could have crapped out.

Maybe Randy will have something to offer.

Tim
Back to top Go down
paramedac
Poster child
Poster child
paramedac

specs. : 1.75 shackle lift 31x10.5x15 mud rovers,aftermarket bumpers but still the 2.5L

Ingnition issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ingnition issues   Ingnition issues Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 2:52 pm

Hey guys
Thanks to Tim and Randy I will have to get out and look at it but with the cool temps we will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
paramedac
Poster child
Poster child
paramedac

Ingnition issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ingnition issues   Ingnition issues Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 5:05 pm

Ok I have looked under the hood for an ignition module but can't find one there is no shiney square box on the fender wells my YJ is a 95 with a 2.5 with efi . Thanks again
David
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Ingnition issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ingnition issues   Ingnition issues Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2012, 11:42 am

I "think" your year has ignition coils and the ECM does all the controlling. I don't remember but did they put a ballast resistor on that year?
Back to top Go down
paramedac
Poster child
Poster child
paramedac

Ingnition issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ingnition issues   Ingnition issues Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

Wow I just had an idea look at the chiltons I have for itboy do I feel stupid. thanks for all the help guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ingnition issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ingnition issues   Ingnition issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ingnition issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Welcome Fellow Jeepers! :: HELP!-
Jump to: